What the role requires for you to be successful:
- Leading store employees and volunteers to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Effectively managing team performance – coaching, performance feedback, training and orientation.
- Managing in-store inventory, sales and processing of store donations to maximize profits.
- Planning and implementing promotional initiatives to creatively merchandise product and generate sales.
- Building community awareness and promotion of the donation of high need charitable items.
- Ensuring compliance with government regulations including reporting as required.
- Managing the maintenance and operation of the Thrift Store buildings including store cleanliness.
Responsibilities specific to our stores you will need to master:
- Working within the framework of the vision and mission of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul.
- A passion for making a difference in the community and emphasizing with our customers.
- Multi-tasking with staff and volunteers including the ability to bend, lift and sort donations.
- Directly reporting to the Store Committee Chair and indirectly to the London Particular Council.
What we’re looking for from you:
- A minimum 3 years of retail management experience.
- Demonstrated problem solving and leadership skills based on a customer service mindset.
- Knowledge of the Employment Standards Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs.
What we offer you in return:
- A full-time position overseeing two retail locations.
- A competitive salary package that includes:
- A full benefits package
- Three weeks paid vacation.
- Strong support from a Store Committee team of professionals.
If this sounds like a role you can truly excel in please send your resume describing how you will succeed directly to Larry Hamilton at email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted up to and including Friday November 4, 2016.
The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul is dedicated to helping those less fortunate. With essential care and guidance, struggling families and individuals can build self-confidence and positive opportunities. The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul helps people replace a sense of despair with a sense of dignity.