Responsibilities of the role that you will need to be successful:
- Receive, sort and price merchandise, place merchandise on shelves or hangers in a manner most convenient to the customer and product
- Answer customer inquiries regarding availability of merchandise and direct customers to merchandise
- Keep shelves and racks orderly at all times
- Keep all areas neat and tidy on a daily basis
- Accept and review vouchers from the customer
- Be knowledgeable of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Adhere to the policies and procedures set by the management with the approval of the Store Committee
- Prepare paperwork as required
- Serve as cashier for designated days and hours as assigned
- Reconcile the cash when required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Assist the store manager as directed and as required
What we’re looking for from you:
- Acceptance of a flexible work schedule that may include Saturday
- Previous retail environment experience and/or work in a not-for-profit enterprise
- Ability to speak and read English
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with difficult customers
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be open to completing a police check.
What we offer you in return:
- A full-time position of 37.5 hours per week.
- A competitive salary package that includes:
- A full benefits package
- Two weeks paid vacation.
If this sounds like a role you can truly excel in please send your resume describing how you will succeed directly to Judy Mepsted at email@example.com. (www.ssvplondon.com)
Applications will be accepted up to and including Friday January 13, 2017.
The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul is dedicated to helping those less fortunate. With essential care and guidance, struggling families and individuals can build self-confidence and positive opportunities. The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul helps people replace a sense of despair with a sense of dignity.