The Store Committee of London Particular Council (LPC) is looking for a Volunteer Recruiter.
LPC operates two thrift stores and appoints a store committee to oversee the retail operations of both locations. The day to day activity and supervision of both paid staff and volunteers is managed by the Store Manager. The thrift stores require volunteers to assist in the operation of the stores and to meet the objectives established by the Store Committee.
The Volunteer Recruiter is a non-paid position that will participate as a member of the Store Committee and design and implement strategies to recruit volunteers. Recruitment will involve all aspects from creating awareness through social media, website input, advertising in Conference bulletins and word of mouth. He/she will work closely with the Store Manager by pre-screening and recommending potential volunteer candidates to the Store Manager.
Specific duties of volunteers include (but are not limited to) sorting donations, customer service in the thrift stores, operating the cash desk, cleaning and performance of other duties as directed by the Store Manager.
This position is an integral part of the store operations and requires a person who is committed to the mission of the Saint Vincent de Paul Society: “To live the Gospel message by serving Christ in the poor with love, respect, justice and joy.”
- Previous work in volunteer recruitment and/or Human Resources an asset.
- An understanding of what motivates a volunteer and how to effectively align volunteers against specific volunteer duties.
- The ability to develop an action plan to meet volunteer recruitment goals in alignment with Store Manager requirements.
- A passion for making a difference in the community as demonstrated by direct volunteering experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as time management and organizational capabilities.
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity, please contact our 585 York Street store at (519) 438-7071, email Judy Mepsted, Store Manager, at email@example.com